Tuesday, May 17

"Thor" by Kenneth Branagh


My dear Kenneth bring us a Marvel but yet mythological creature to the screen, the mighty Thor. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is the son of Odin (Anthony Hopkins), ruler of Asgard. Taken mythology or comic books seriously Kenneth built a very nice film, visually great, and with a very consistent story. The actors helped of course, but the most intriguing thing is that it didn't feel bogus at all, it felt possible, real and that is great for a hero movie. I loved the Shakespearian dialogues, the codes of honour, Thor itself, its darker brother Loki and a freaky scientist that make us, science people, not so very lunatic. 
I just have one wrong thing to say, I just hate 3D, if it's a non-animated film it's just not worth it, and I feel really cheated...please 3D...DIE!!! for all our eyes' sake... the 3D effects for less 2€ in our pockets are minimal.
The film is great, the first good blockbuster of the year and seriously I'm kind of being bored to see Natalie so much on screen (kidding, but really it's the third movie this year and I know at least she has two more...). By the way, good support by Stellan Skarsgard!

Thor: "For the first time in my life, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do..."

No comments: